Investing in local non-profits
TRCF provides grants up to $7500
Through our annual grant program, TRCF supports local non-profit organizations in bringing needed services to the community. If you are a local 501(c)(3) organization, school or government agency seeking funds to start or grow programs that align with the TRCF focus areas, we invite you to apply.
Total grants awarded to local non-profits
Your generous gift will make it possible for us to expand our community grant program and support more community organizations.
Building stronger communities
TRCF awards grants to non-profit organizations of all sizes, with diverse missions. The common criteria for all grants is that they improve quality of life and strengthen Three Rivers communities in at least one of these four areas.
If you are not sure your project meets our grant qualifications, we encourage you to contact us to discuss it. We are a pay-it-forward foundation, committed to returning the proceeds of our endowment for the betterment of our local community. We want to work with local service providers to help you get the funds you need.
How to Apply
Start an Application
Once the grant program opens May 1, you can complete and submit your entire grant application through the Initiative Foundation Online Grant System. Our grant application will not be available on the portal until our grant program opens, May 1.
Tips for Completing Your Application
- Complete all questions on the application form to provide full details about your project and funding needs
- Gather these required documents so they are ready to upload with your application. We can accept files in doc, docx, xlsx or PDF format.
- Project Budget
- IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Determination Letter OR
- If utilizing a fiscal host, attach both the IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Determination Letter AND a letter from the fiscal host accepting responsibility for this grant
- Complete and review your proposal. If you can’t complete the entire application at one time, you can save your work to finish it later. Select “Save & Finish Later” before exiting the system. When your application is complete, select “Review & Submit.” This will take you to the “Review Application” page.
- Submit your proposal. Review your proposal carefully. If everything is correct, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. Remember to upload all required documents first. You will not be able to retrieve or edit your application once it has been submitted. A copy also will be included in your confirmation email.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your proposal was received. Please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org is on your safe list.
Application period opens
Grant awards announced
For technical issues or questions about the Initiative Foundation online grant application system:
Start an Application
Making a difference:
$818,815 total grants invested in Three Rivers Communities
See how grant dollars are making a difference